Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9-11

Remembering today, the 9-11 attacks. I was the Personnel Director of Lowes Home Improvement. I received a phone call from my now ex-husband. Saying, have you heard what's going on? I remember saying no, as he sounded frantic. Running out to the big screen TV that was in our break room. Finding most of my employees in there. Watching the second plane hit at that moment. My heart sank. Crying, and asking why? It's as vivid today as it was then. 

I'm so grateful for our troops. Their sacrifices they have made, and their endless love for our country.

I'm grateful to our firefighters, and those who lost their lives to do everything they could to save our people that day. 

I'm thankful to be an American. We may have our issues. We may not all agree on what should or should not happen in our countries ways of doing things. When it comes to a One Nation Under God, we stand strong! 

I hope that everyone is taking this day, and remembering those we lost, and those who still suffer. Find a way to help someone today. A Vet, a Family Member affected, or if it just a prayer with family and/or friends. 

Have a good day. My husband and I are going to find a local place to help volunteer today. What are you doing today to not only remember, but show your strength and love to our fellow people. 

No comments: